A wooden church featuring a distinctive Russian-style bell tower. It was erected between 1922 and 1923, and consecrated in May 1927 by Eulogius, the Exarch of Western Europe. Designed by Father Aleksandr Avayev – a former Tsarist officer and monk from Tver – the architecture draws from the timber Orthodox churches of the Tver region. After World War II, the church was placed under the administration of the Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church (Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk). It underwent a comprehensive renovation between 1995 and 1996, and was reconsecrated on 1 September 1996. A subsequent renovation was completed in July 2013, followed by a rededication ceremony performed by Bishop Grzegorz of Supraśl. Rectangular in plan, the wooden church incorporates a bell tower crowned by an onion dome (tent roof), as well as a larger dome above the chancel that symbolically reaches toward the heavens. The interior is modest – devoid of polychroming, maintained in a white-and-gold colour scheme, and furnished with a single iconostasis. Icons span various periods, from historically valuable pieces to later paper reproductions.
fot. Jarosław Kowalski











