The Church of the Blessed Dorothy of Montau in Elbląg – a historic temple built throughout 1705–1759 in Kaczynos, originally Mennonite. It is one of the most valuable pieces of Baroque religious architecture in the Żuławy region. In 1981–1986, the building was moved to Elbląg, reconstructed, and consecrated for Catholic worship in 1986.
It is a boarded, “post-and-beam” structure topped by a Baroque turret. The church is accompanied by an (also reconstructed) 18th-century mansion, which was built using the same style of framing and one of the few buildings of Żuławy architecture that follows a palatial structure. The buildings are surrounded by a contemporary calvary of the Passion of Christ.
Photo Jarosław Kowalski





























